|Title||Electric Vehicle Advisory Council|
|Contact Name||Kate Tomford|
|Contact Title||Illinois Energy Office, DCEO|
|Contact Phone||(312) 814-1985|
|Function||The Council shall investigate and recommend strategies that the Governor and the General Assembly may implement to promote the use of electric vehicles, including, but not limited to, potential infrastructure improvements, State and local regulatory streamlining, and changes to electric utility rates and tariffs.|
|Qualifications||(please see the Composition section)|
The Council shall include all of the following members:
(1) The Electric Vehicle Coordinator to serve as chairperson.
(2) Four members of the General Assembly, one appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, one appointed by the Minority Leader of the House of Representatives, one appointed by the President of the Senate, and one appointed by the Minority Leader of the Senate.
(3) The Director of Commerce and Economic Opportunity or his or her designee.
(4) The Director of the Environmental Protection Agency or his or her designee.
(5) The Executive Director of the Illinois Commerce Commission or his or her designee.
(6) The Secretary of the Illinois Department of Transportation or his or her designee.
(7) Ten at-large members appointed by the Governor as follows:
(A) two representatives of statewide environmental organizations;
(B) two representatives of national or regional environmental organizations;
(C) one representative of a nonprofit car-sharing organization;
(D) two representatives of automobile manufacturers;
(E) one representative of the City of Chicago and
(F) two representatives of electric utilities.
The Council shall report its findings to the Governor and General Assembly by December 31, 2011.
The Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity shall provide administrative and other support to the Council.
|Chair||The Electric Vehicle Coordinator (Employee of DCEO)|
|Authority||20 ILCS 627/20|
|Name (Last, First)||Term Expires||Member Since||Appointed By||Position||County||Title|
|Bingham, Samatha||12/01/2011||Governor||Member, City of Chicago||Cook|
|Burkhart, Darwin||Statute||Director of IEPA||None|
|Culler, Mary||12/01/2011||Governor||Member, automobile manufacturer||Cook|
|Feigon, Sharon||12/01/2011||Governor||Member, nonprofit car-sharing organization||Cook|
|Fortner, Mike||07/26/2011||House Minority Leader||Member||None|
|Gabel, Daniel||12/01/2011||Governor||Member, electric utilities||Cook|
|Holmes, Linda||01/24/2015||07/25/2013||Senate President||Member||None||State Senator|
|Massey, Steve||Statute||Director of IDOT||None||Bureau Chief, IDOT Business Services|
|Medearis, Lisa||08/08/2014||Governor||Member, national or regional environmental organization||Cook|
|Mikulecky, Joseph||12/01/2011||Governor||Member, statewide environmental organizations||McLean|
|Moyer, Andrew||08/09/2011||Statute||Director of DCEO||None|
|Munsch, Kristin||08/08/2014||Governor||Member, statewide environmental organizations||Cook|
|Rezin, Sen. Sue||08/25/2011||Senate Minority Leader||Member||None|
|Schlaf, Eric||Statute||Executive Director of ICC||None|
|Thompson, Dean||08/08/2014||Governor||Member, electric utilities||Madison|
|Tomford, Katherine||statute||Chair, Ex-Officio, Electric Vehicle Coordinator||None|
|Volkmann, Curt||08/08/2014||Governor||Member, national or regional environmental organization||Cook|
|Williams, Ann||07/14/2011||Speaker of the House||Member||None||State Representative|
|Woodard, Tracy||12/01/2011||Governor||Member, automobile manufacturer||Washington|